View Single Post
Old
02-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ View Post
Well it's me that's suggesting injury is a possibility for why he's been struggling, not Michalek, so I wouldn't say it 'gives him an excuse.'

Michalek's a streaky player, and I think injury is a factor in why he'll suddenly go from playing well to falling off the map. At the same time, he does struggle with consistency. Prior to this season, you see a lot of 0's looking at his Gamelogs (below). I think a big issue he also had prior to this season was a lack of chemistry with a skilled centre (Spezza). For a finisher like Michalek, he needs someone to feed him the puck, even if he's just going to force his way down the wing on his own or head off on a break-away.

With Spezza also cold at the moment (hopefully just due to a passing bout of flu) Michalek's stats have plummeted, just as they always have without a skilled centre (Spezz really does not play well when sick/injured).

If all goes as planned, I think the Sens want to see 9MM pushed out of a top 3 role in the future and have him line-up as a 2nd line winger with Turris. He's not your ideal top-line player, but he has a role on this team.

*Michalek's Gamelogs: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20112012
I still dont think Michalek and Spezza have "chemistry"... They produce at times but so does Greening, Alfie, etc...Michalek is a solid player but I wouldnt call a guy that has a career high of 26 goals a "finisher" by any means...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote