Thread: Philly Saturday
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2012, 11:15 AM
GloveSave35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue231930 View Post
I'm heading down there as well. I'll be wearing my Hagelin winter classic jersey as well.

I was at the winter classic as well and as long as you don't start anything or be disrespectful there shouldn't be any issues.

I plan on standing up and cheering when/if we score too but as long as you're not obnoxious about it we all should be fine.
Agree completely. I was at the Winter Classic- fully decked out in Rangers gear- in a section with all Flyer fans. There was a Ranger fan in the section next to me that was acting like a ****. Everytime we scored, he held up a rangers towel and turned around to taunt the fans behind him. This led to verbal exchanges and almost ended up in a physical altercation.

Meanwhile, I cheered for the Rangers all game and stood up and cheered when we scored. At one point, the Flyer fan that almost got into the fight told me we were cool and basically that he had our backs because we were behaving appriopriately.

I think thats the general rule. Don't be a ****. You might get some ribbing here or there (whether good natured or not), but no real trouble.

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote