View Single Post
Old
02-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
So you want the same exact defense that nearly everyone agrees needs to be improved and that Chia is trying to improve as we speak?

No thanks. Get a new guy for the PP (Ryan Whitney, Visnovsky, somebody with only a year left on their deal so as to not disrupt 2013-2014 cap with new K's for Seguin, Lucic & Marchand.)

Pencil in Hamilton, but sign an aging veteran for insurance like an Adrian Aucoin. Let Corvo & Boychuk go.

My take. I like Johnny, but he can cash in big somewhere else and I don't see him as a big-money d-man.
Going into camp I want them to do this. If Hamilton proves he isnt ready, then they can go elsewhere if they need to. The goal is to provide insurance for Hamilton who is still worth of playing in the top six.

And you dont "pencil in" Hamilton. Remember Pieterangelo? Who was arguably a BETTER prospect than Hamilton? Yeah, he wasnt remotely ready for the NHL after his third season. Look what happened...went back to the OHL for a bit now hes dominant.

What happens if Hamilton isn't ready? None of you including myself know if hes gonna be ready or not, not even Chiarelli knows this.