View Single Post
Old
02-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuhuskies View Post
Wow, that's actually really good. Thanks for pointing that out. It definitely feels as if we aren't that good on the PP - but that number certainly proves me wrong.

I really hope you're right about Pearson. Although, I'm not sure how you can give all the credit to Pearson's eye. In other words, the players probably want to go there for the chance to play for Red and be a part of a ranked team.

That isn't the case at MTU. I think a big drawback is our location and small school. Even if Pearson heavily recruits, will players want to live here? I mean, I love it here, but it's definitely different than Ann Arbor and the attention it will get in the new Big Ten conference.

And about Robinson, yes he is very inconsistent. But our D doesn't help him out too much. What concerns me however, is that he's graduating this year, and our 2nd and 3rd goalies are juniors.
Players want to play for great coaches, no matter where the school may reside. Some may be scared off by the idea of playing in Houghton, but not all of them. While Pearson may not be quite as recognizable as his former boss, he does have a great reputation as a top-notch recruiter. And that's going to serve MTU well. If Pearson can continue to build the Huskies program and make it successful, the good players will come.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote