View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 09:55 AM
OYLer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
3 weeks of adam oates for Ouellette, a first, a second, and a third was a little "questionable" at the time. Of course it worked out well for bobby as Oates did score 3 goals during his time with Phillie, but at the time it was a little questionable.

The Eric Lindros trade was a bit of an overpayment as well. Interesting thing, while researching clarke's trade history, I used google and entered: bobby clarke trade history. It came up with this page (2nd topic, 2nd page)

http://www.outsports.com/review/review080200.htm

this is not for the faint of heart.
Mr Sakich, this is a pretty questionable and bad source, this kind of thing is junior high stuff or "As the Stomach Turns" soup opera crap. I've personally invited many people I know and respect who are passionate about hockey who will never join and contribute to this forum if this is the level of comment and supported proof. Don't we have better things to comment on? I really hope I'm not in the minority here.

A Jerry Springer style hockey forum is not what I hoped would develope here. For supposed passionate hockey fans to display this low level of non-hockey commentary suggests we collectively have no right to expect a high standard of personal, moral, and ethical conduct from the professionals we make commentary on. If this was your brother or sister or mother or father or daughter or son, grandchildren, boyfriend, girlfriend, buddy or just some good person you knew of and respected from down the street, would you actively contribute to unfounded gossip mongering?