View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 09:04 AM
Pure Slaughter Value

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value

That being said, Barnaby is extremely inconsistent. Sometimes he looks like he could be a 15-20 goal scoring agitating winger and at others he looks like a waste of a roster space.

Don't think a team with SC aspirations would want to trade for that.

Originally posted by JR#9

Love him or hate him to catergorize his play, at least with the NYR's as inconsistent would just be flat out wrong.

I hated Barnaby before he came to the NYR's and didn't want anything to do with him as I always felt he was a cheap player who hurt his team more than helped it but he has played very well and has brought a heart and soul type of game consistently for the Blueshirts.

He has underated skills with the puck and basiclly has done ANYTHING asked of him including playing the body and has chipped in more than expected offensively last year getting 35 points or so.

He also brings the versatility of playing both wings and he has been bounced from lines 1-4 and he's contributed on each.

Very true, but most SC contenders are looking for the final piece, which is usually defined quite specifically.

Like I said, he could be a waste or a 15-20 goal scoring agitating power forward. Don't think a team would take someone that's bounced around positions (regardless of whether it's his or the coach's doing) when they're looking to upgrade or stabilize a certain spot in their lineup.