View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 09:57 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Do you mean we aren't able to replicate all the line stability the Flyers have been able to achieve over the last couple of years???

I gatta tell you John, I've noticed a new condensending tone to you posts this year as the Flyers are looking strong which is all fine and dandy but it is in contrast to the "nice level headed guy from Philly" approach you've taken here previously.

As I said, no problem with the change but just letting you know that it hasn't gone unoticed and I'm sure you'll be getting into it more and more with the NYR fans here which will make it more interesting anyway.
Our lines change on a regular basis, I have no problems saying that. I think all teams lines change on a regular basis. Hockey isn't the same as it used to be when you had line that would stay together for an entire year if not multiple years.

Hitchcock has pairs that he keeps together and then mixes and matches the other player depending on if things are working or not.

I haven't seen too many of the Rangers game this year, so I won't propose all 4 lines, but I would try out a few things.

Lindros - Kovalev - Lindros needs someone to carry the puck up the ice now, that's why the FLY line worked, because York or Fleury could carry the puck up the ice.

Messier should play less than 10:00 a night at even stength and them get some PP time.

Leetch & Poti should not play together. They should play with a more stay at home guy that would allow them to take some offensive chanes.

Kaspar should also be played with a stay at home guy, because he's at his best when going for the big hit, but it does open him up for odd-man chances.

de Vries is the one stay at home defenseman, but neither of the M & M boys are of that same ilk. Try to make a trade for another solid stay at home defenseman, even if it's a guy like Therien, while not great he would be more solid than Mironov or Malakhov.

I won't comment on Moore, because I haven't seen him play.

With good coaching a minor trade or two the Rangers should make the playoffs as the 6th or 7th seed.