Old
02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Staal isnt playing like a thoroughbred.

When the Rangers clinch their playoff seed, Torts can play Staal 60 mins a game for all I care. Right now, he's playing like he's still in training camp.
I don't think Staal is playing the same level he was last season, or the one before. Difference is I don't think he has any lingering effects, and he didn't lose any of his tools. The lack of the big minutes, and the pairing situation has to be playing into the level of game we're getting from him. You plug any of our top guys into his role paired with Bickel, and I don't think you'd get any better.

I don't want this to come off as I'm killing Bickel, but he's not a partner that is going to help get the unit top ice-time and top assignments. I don't see Torts trusting him with those minutes. And whenthe game gets late and Torts shortens the bench, he keeps moving Staal and MDZ together. If you want those guys together in the big crunch minutes, why not et them together more often, get Bickel with someone that can play solid (like Stralman right now, or Sauer in the future), and lets start getting some worth out of what Staal can bring.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote