Thread: Post-Game Talk: 3 Stars and GBR: #51 @ Devils
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2012, 09:40 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
People need to relax a bit on Richards. Is he going through a rough stretch? Obviously. There are two key things to keep in mind, however.

First, he had a bit of an adjustment season when he first went to Dallas as well (not quite as bad as his current one, but his numbers, particularly his assists, were way down from his usual standard). He followed that up with one of his best ever seasons. Richards even stated earlier that it would take some time for him to get on the same page with such a well-established team.

Second, when it comes to Richards, the regular season means absolutely nothing. This Rangers team has GONE to the playoffs in all but one season since the lockout. Once there, however, they haven't DONE much of anything. That's the primary reason Richards got the contract that he got.

Just my view, but I wouldn't even start to judge the value of the Richards signing until the post-season (and, based on his history, I would personally wait to judge him until well into next season).

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote