: Post-Game Talk:
3 Stars and GBR: #51 @ Devils
View Single Post
02-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by
Bad game, but not nearly as bad as some tried to say it was.
- The Devils played VERY well. Give them credit for it. Their defense the first two periods was stellar
- This team needs to learn how to adjust...earlier than in the third. Brodeur was stopping the forecheck at every possible opportunity
- Third period was great, but Brodeur shut them down.
- Hagelin, Gaborik, and McDonagh were stellar tonight. Del Zotto was very good as well
- Bickel made the game changing play, but aside from that, he was OK. Still would put Eminger in over him for the next game.
Move on from this. Still 1st in the East by 3.
Devils did play well but the first period and a good chunk of the 2nd may have been the flattest I've seen the Rangers all year. Especially in that first, I don't think there was one positive I could have taken out of that period.
Gotta tip the hat to Brodeur in the third. He stepped up big time and made the saves once the Rangers did start getting opportunities. And I have no clue why the Devils decided to sit back in the 3rd and basically let the Rangers control the play. They did the same thing Saturday and it almost bit them in the ass big time and they're lucky it didn't tonight. Brodeur bailed them out in that third period. The first two periods was all Devils though.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by NYRFAN218