View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 12:52 AM
PJStock*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't think what people realize is just how important of a cog Pronger was to this team and what we're seeing right now is how devastating the loss is of the General. If Pronger's in the lineup, I don't think anything is said about Bryzgalov and he's playing his best hockey. Now that Pronger's gone, it seems that the defense seems to be a bit leaderless right now.

Yes, Timonen is probably having his best season as a defender. With that being said, I'm wondering how much of a leader he really is and maybe he's feeling a degree of frustration with everything. It'd be easier if one of the other defensemen stepped forward and became a leader as well.

As for Bryzgalov, this is definitely an off year for him. I still maintain that he's carrying too much weight. Yes, there are games when he seems to be on, but more often than not, he's off. His lateral movement is terrible and his positioning is not what it used to be. When he played in Phoenix and Anaheim, his weight was usually between 190 and 195. With the Flyers, I believe he is playing around the 210-220 mark. That's not saying he's fat or out shape, but he's too heavy to be effective.

I'm confident that once he gets his weight down again, he'll be the top goalie he once was. It's to point fingers and say things like it's the system, it's the defense, blah blah blah.....but in this case, I think Bryzgalov's issue is that he added unnecessary weight to his frame and it's killing his game.
Too much vodka, cabbage rolls and perogies will do that to your physique. I know from personal experience

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote