View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 04:38 AM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Honestly, the one thing I noticed after tonight's game (well I guess last night's game lol), is how lame our dump-and-chase strategy really is. Watching the devils just skate into our zone and drop a pass back to a higher forward or send it across to another winger and get a shot on goal made me wonder why we don't try and do that as well? When we dump and chase, we risk losing possession and at the same time put extra strain on our players physically. I don't know what it is about this Ranger team that maybe Torts thinks we CAN'T just lug the puck in and make a play, but I think it's worth a shot. Picture this: Stepan skates the puck into the zone, drops the puck off for Gabby, and he gets a nice shot on goal. Yeah, it may be "a perfect scenario" but I think we would get a lot more high % scoring opportunities if we adopted that type of playing style. I see the Pen's do it all the time, the Devils did it tonight. But we seem to be afraid to do it, too afraid to turn the puck over at the blue line, and if that's the case, then what kind of team do we really have?

But what am I saying... We've been dumping and chasing all season long so there's no reason for me to think that Torts would try a new strategy.

And besides... we are in 1st place

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote