Thread: 2 Things...
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 07:59 AM
NYRangers16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
I definitely understand the necessity of the dump and chase at times. However, I do think we tend to get a bit lazy and revert to it at unnecessary times. It happened a lot last year. This year, the team seemed to be better at selectively dumping the puck into the zone rather than having that be the first instinct. Last night was scary. Looked a lot like last year...
Last night we dumped and then didn't chase. We didn't go after the puck effectively enough. Guys seemed slower getting there, and often times there were 2 Devs on one Ranger and we didn't win the puck. I don't know if they were tired or what, but we've been winning those battles all year. Yesterday we just weren't..not until the 3rd. So there you go. I don't think the dump/chase/forecheck strategy is bad just because we lost a game 1-0(that should have at least gone to OT)...you don't get to #2 in the NHL without a sound strat. You can't forget that. Yea the offense has been down recently but we are 3 points up on Boston and just behind Det with games in hand(at least up until yesterday haven't checked the standings today).

So yea, yesterday was frustrating...but let's not blow it out of proportion. And even with our struggles recently we've still done really well.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote