View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 10:43 AM
**** Farise
Can't Say Puck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
From what you described I'd say yes but without actually seeing it I'm not sure I'm completely clear.

I've never seen a soccer style slide tackle as it would be pretty much a penalty each ad everytime.

I think the rule does allow for some leeway in that a player making a play for the puck who does play the puck first but ends up tripping the guy is sometimes not called. But that's usually a dive/poke check from behind situation.
Yea, the slide tackle reference was more because of the angle I was taken out at. The guy didn't slide feet first. He slid long ways from my right side and slightly behind me right into my skates.

I'd have no problem if he actually caught the puck. I've taken guys out from behind while also getting the puck in the diving poke check situation you described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat22 View Post
when I reffed I called it this way. much like an interferance penality. If you dove and crossed their established skating lane whether you got the puck or not I called the trip. if you lay out to block a lane and they cut to the net into your established lane no penality.
It would also be more understandable if he slid at me head on, so I'd have a chance at jumping over or stepping around him. But if a guys coming hard at you from the side, you're expecting him to reach in for a pokecheck or to try to bump you off the puck...not take a slide at your legs.

**** Farise is offline   Reply With Quote