View Single Post
Old
01-12-2006, 03:33 PM
mattlef

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mattlef
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O
The Sens is not perfect like no team is. The weakness is lack of scoring depth. I know, weird to say for the best offensive team in the league. But that top line is Unbelievable! If there is some cap room to improve the 2nd line, why not go for it? After all, we keep hearing its either this year or bust. Put my vote in to acquire Doug Weight.
but do you honestly think that with weights age, and abilities will make the team better? I dont think so, not at this point. If the Sens make any moves, it will be to free up cap room, and possibly get someone with good potential in return.

As for secondary scoring? We have it. in the likes of Smolinski, Fisher, Vermette, Neil, Schaffer, Weight on a lot of teams would be a 1-2 line player, and at his price tag, he would ask for those minutes. As far as I'm concerned. We dont need scoring right now. The sens dont need another offensive threat, because thats not their problem. Its playing infront of Dom and Ray, thats our problem.

And I'm not talking about people not talking about what they would like to see happen with the sens. But talking about a deal involving Weight or anyone else, who at this point of time would be a temporary solution and would add to the cap, which could even put us over once havlat returns.If I see anything, I can see a one for one trade involving Smolinski, for a 2nd or third line center, with decent potential, and a pick.

A team i see involved in a trade with the Sens, is new york. For who? Steve Rucchin, to play possibly 2nd or third line center. OR you can look for Boston to make another move, after Trading Thorton to SanJose. Although unlikely, you might see Bergeron on the move, maybe to ottawa, in exchange for Smolinski, Pothier and a 3rd Rounder.

Yet again, as much as I like the possibility of these deals, I DOUBT VERY MUCH ANY deal will be made. Because Mucks likes the team the way it is. and again, if its not broke, dont fix it.