View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Again for like the third time. No one is on the believing Mark Howard train on his inside knowledge. A taped post game interview comment was the only thing i was trying to confirm. Mark Howard just gives us his opinion like we all give to each other.
I understand that. That said, as a member of the media, Mark's credibility can suffer both from how he gets his point across as well as what he says (I think Voldy likes reminds me of that often, lol). I think he failed on both counts.

As for the post-game presser where Trotz addressed Carter, it was the 12/22 game where Nashville won 6-5. Here's the video from PredsOnTheGlass.com (Buddy always does a great job in getting the post-game presser up soon after home games). He addresses Carter starting at the 5:03 mark. In making this reply, I re-watched that video and didn't get the same vibe as Mark did. I didn't hear a criticism of Jeff Carter from Trotz in either the words, body language or tone from Trotz.

Mark also said that Trotz never calls out players other than for cheap shots. That's slightly inaccurate as he often calls out his own players- particularly young players as that's often been debated around here. That said, it is the first time I've someone get the perception he called out an opposing player for their efforts (again, I disagree with that perception after watching the video).

Doesn't change my opinion in how one assesses a potential add to the team from a GM standpoint: perform a risk analysis and get the opinions of the coach and leadership group among the players.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote