View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Sucks that we're waiting on other teams to fall put of the race so we can fill out our team. Hopefully DW fills the roster in the offseason so this doesn't happen again. It feels like he's waiting a long time to make his move, again.

If Moen is the best available, I hope he keeps the pick, but I'm worried he's going to make a trade anyways.
Yah, so much for "making moves earlier" eh? Though I don't totally blame him for that, I think parity has made the market abysmal. Even if he we had valuable assets, the price is likely too high. I haven't really seen any moves this year so far that I though "Man, I wish we had the assets to have made that move!" or "Why didn't DW make a better offer than that?!"

But waiting for teams to fall out is exactly what is going on. As more players become available, prices go down, however as prices go down, teams with more to offer will make their move. Hopefully DW surprises us, but I'm really, really, worried we are going to end up with (at best) a rental 3rd rate player :\