View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 01:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
No offense, but I think you guys are seeing things and/or just trying to justify a player thats in a major slump right now. If you've watched Richards throughout his career, hes never been fast. Hes never ever been noticeable in that way. I dont think hes any slower than normal.
He looks noticeably slower than he did the first 2 months of the season. The other forwards on the team seem to be holding up fine in terms of skating & stamina. You are not noticing this? I am watching him struggle to get back into the play and pick up his man through the neutral zone as well. He's also not battling very hard in the corners to win one-on-one battles for the puck. Was that his M.O. on previous teams as well? I see a much different player right now than I did at the start of the season. He's not skating hard or playing with any urgency in his game. He reminds me of Gaborik last season (at times), not moving his feet. I want to know if there's an injury involved or if he's simply getting older and his stamina & speed are subsequently reduced. If the issue is the latter, I'm highly concerned.

My cocerns have a lot less to do with his overall point production than they do with his game-to-game effectiveness. If the effort is there and there's no points, I'm fine with that.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote