View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 04:30 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
And that is exactly why the OP, whom I agree 100% with, made this thread. Read the original post. Nobody is saying that Boyle doesn't fit the identity. Nobody is saying he isn't good at shot-blocking and penalty killing.

But he is a fourth liner. He is not a goal scorer, yet he is out there with a couple minutes to go and the team needing a goal.

As a fan of this team, I'm not going to sit back and pretend I agree with Torts decision to play Boyle and Prust in that situation. That is what this forum is for, to discuss these type of things.
FWIW Anisimov should have had the goal at the end and that game should have gone into overtime.

And on the other hand it's one game--one loss (to a very good team) and we can all armchair qb every time the game doesn't go our way. One thing I'd give credit to the Devils--they played very well but the Rangers were all over them in the third period last night and Prust who was on Boyle's line was one of our best players all night long--getting in hard on the forecheck and grinding.

Tortorella is the coach and when he's got his team at the top of the standings I'm at least willing to give him a lot of leeway in his decision making.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote