Thread: Confirmed with Link: Prospal Signs 1-Year Extension
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDarkBlueJacket View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I think that the CBJ may have a plan forward...and Prospal was the first part of it.

Now I make no claims that I will like the plan in its entirety, but re-signing Prospal is a good start.

This. Combined with Patrick references make sense.

The culture of losing has to be broken and perhaps Prospal is a big factor toward that end behind the scenes. It's very difficult for any outsider to gauge how personalities impact the goings on behind the scenes, but I feel pretty comfortable in assuming that Prospal must have made a positive impression upon Patrick.

Often times, young teams look for a past-his-prime veteran presence to lead teams to greater things. Dave Andreychuk filled that role for Tampa Bay in 2003-04. I'm not by any means saying this team is anywhere near Cup Capable, but in Columbus playoff capable is about as important at this point in the franchise's time line.

In today's market, $2.5 million isn't much for a proven winner and someone who is second on one's team in scoring.

In fact, based on that last fact, this has to be all Patrick's doing. Howson seems to gravitate more toward Umberger value in terms of signings.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote