View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Les Wynan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
I agree that Bailey is having a horrid season. But I support going after him because for one, he'd be a great buy-low, and second, because I think that his poor play has been due to a mental block, stemming from a lack of fulfilling expectations and the feelings of failure on his part. I really think he'll turn his career around. He has the hands and the smarts.
It's hard to make that statement with any degree of confidence unless you're the Isles' psychologist or something. Buying low makes sense when a player is creating scoring opportunities but is absolutely snake-bitten in terms of shooting percentage. A guy like Chris Stewart or Paul Stastny or Jeff Carter or Dustin Penner or even sticking with the Isles, Okposo or Grabner. The overwhelming probability is that those guys will return to finishing chances at their career rates. Bailey's underlying numbers are just horrifying and indicate that he really doesn't belong in the NHL. Sure there's a chance he turns it around completely but it's probably a really small one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Oh great, corsi stats. Yeah, I saw an ESPN writer keep John Tavares out a top 25 players under 25 list and used those stats to justify it.
That was probably based on past seasons. Tavares is second on the Isles in Corsi (behind Parenteau, whose numbers JT is probably driving) this season while facing some really tough matchups.