View Single Post
Old
02-08-2012, 11:29 PM
oPlaiD

vCash: 500
So if you really want to look at the stats, you should look at his Sv% in those games.

It's still possible Rinne is "dominating" the Blues and posting like a .960 Sv% against them in all the games we play so it seems like he's owning us even if his record isn't that great, simply because the Blues are limiting shots against and goals against better, etc.

I don't know what the numbers are and I'm sure Rinne's numbers will most likely be right around his career averages, but yeah.

Anyway, it's typical of sports journalism. I'm not sure whether it's "right" or "wrong" to do stuff like that. For fans like us, who have huge interest in the game and like to analyze it and really know everything that's happening with our team, this kind of thing can be grating. But for the average fan, it makes a good story, and that's really what sports journalism is about - building an interesting narrative around what's happened. I'm ok with them doing that, even if they have to fudge it a little. Though, it'd be better if we got the best of both worlds.

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote