View Single Post
Old
02-09-2012, 01:07 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The fact that this keeps coming up means there's an issue. Do you hear anything like this about Weber, Suter, Legwand, etc? No. We can dress the pig anyway we want and have our takes on it but there's a reason this stuff is out there.

For what it's worth, my understanding is once he was traded from Philly to Columbus his NTC went away. I saw it in the last few days and can't remember where but that's what I had read.

Also, for what it's worth, you build team with chemistry, talent and intangibles. While Carter certainly has the talent, is he a guy that's going to blend well with the existing players in the locker room, regardless of how strong the leadership is? That's my biggest concern. Maybe he would. Maybe he wouldn't. Is it worth the risk?

Also, after watching last night, goal scoring is not our issue, we need some beef on the back end. We need a long in the tooth grizzled veteran with some size that can move people around in the defensive zone. Boullion just can't get it done anymore.
Keeps coming up?... on internet message boards? the Canadian media?

That whole dry isalnd... so what if Carter drinks. Like I said, I can't speak for Carter's character, and I wouldn't expect him to be William Wallace. He doesn't have to be a locker room favorite. As long as he's a decent guy that can score goals.

Our goal scoring has improved this year to the middle of the pack. Do I think it's going to be able to beat the truly elite in the playoffs when goals are hard to come by? Nope. We need offense and we need some defensive depth if we want make a real run.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote