View Single Post
Old
02-09-2012, 08:38 AM
WestIslander

vCash: 500
Here we go again...

- I wanted Ryan Kesler or Ryan Getzlaf and we drafted Andrei Kostitsyn

- I wanted Travis Zajac and was actually convinced that we would pick him, but they drafted Kyle Chipchura

- I wanted Sidney Crosby, but when I found out we had the 5th overall pick I was really crazy about Marc Staal, Montreal drafted Carey Price and even though I liked Jose Theodore a lot, I liked what "people" were saying about Price.

- I did not pay attention... And we drafted David Fischer

- With our two draft picks in the first round I really wanted Kevin Shattenkirk and David Perron, but we drafted Ryan McDonagh and Max Pacioretty, I really wish we still had Ryan McDonagh in Montreal and had McDonagh, Pacioretty, Subban and Eller from that draft all to build around.

- I was upset that Montreal traded the 1st round draft pick to Calgary for Alex Tanguay, but I really wanted Joe Colborne, however, he was taken and at 26th overall there was not much left to drool over.

- I really wanted, Jordan Caron, Simon Despres or Landon Ferraro, but I think the best fit would have been Simon Despres, however Montreal took Louis Leblanc and it seems to have been a good pick at 18th overall (so far).

- I really wanted Nick Bjugstad in the first round and Ryan Martindale in the second round, however, Montreal traded the second round draft pick to move up 4 spots to 22nd and drafted Jarred Tinordi who I hope is the next Zdeno Chara in Montreal.

- I really wanted Jamie Oleksiak or Tyler Biggs BUT was VERY surprised to see Nathan Beaulieu still available at 17th and we got him! This kid could have easily been drafted around 10th overall and I think we might be better than Subban down the road.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote