View Single Post
Old
02-09-2012, 09:08 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
You cannot believe everything on boards and in the news but bad character issues would not be out there if they were not true. What has to happen for it to be true? It's all speculation. Like another poster said you sure do not hear about guys having character issues that do not.
It takes more than a decent guy who can score goals. This young team is going to need more than that.
Yes, he is young and he is going to go out and have a good time. On the other hand if you were investing 10 million dollars into a person would you want him out at bars and running around town at 3am? It's easy to run other peoples money i highly doubt people would feel the same if it was your cash and your arse depended on getting the most you can out of him.
I likely know more about the background of the situation than most in the Predators fanbase(though a lot of it is common knowledge among Flyers fans). A lot of it was told to me by someone who would know the situation. Basically:

The "Problem" in Philadelphia centered around Mike Richards and a pretty bad incident. The partying of Carter\Richards\Hartnell\Lupul wasn't why they weren't getting along with the older leadership(Pronger\Briere\Timonen), but rather this "incident." The locker room was divided into "sides" over the whole deal, and Pronger, as captain, won out. Carter and Richards disn't suddenly become bad team players after signing lifetime deals. Something pretty divisive happened, and Philly had to go one direction or the other.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote