Thread: The Sun: Flyers Revisiting Schenn
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2012, 11:00 AM
InTermsOf*

vCash: 500
If Burke actually pulled off Coturier for L.Schenn I'd be ecstatic. I can't imagine the Flyers would be interested though, I'm pretty sure they value him quite a bit more than L. Schenn.

But just imagine having him and Colbourne rounding out our centre depth for the next like... decade possibly. Two huge guys (6'5 and 6'4) with great hands, passing, vision - just all around offensive skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Yeah. Definitely. We have so many overpaid veteran players, we just need one overpaid young player to complete the set. So why not grab the 40 point player that will be paid Lupul money (4.25) for the next 6 years to get us 40 points every year!
...you think JVR is a 40 point player? Maybe right at this moment, but his ceiling is clearly much higher. Burkie is going to look at the big picture when evaluating potential trade targets, in the same way that Holmgren isn't going to look at a snapshot of Schenn's season and determine he's just a bottom pairing D-man with no offensive game and an average albeit very physical defensive game.

InTermsOf* is offline   Reply With Quote