View Single Post
Old
02-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

vCash: 500
So that's why Harden wasn't picked up.

Changing his mechanics in order to avoid re-aggravating a previous injury. That just spells disaster.

Quote:
Canadian free agent pitcher Rich Harden won't pitch at all in 2012 after undergoing shoulder surgery.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the 30-year-old from Victoria, B.C., had surgery to repair a torn right shoulder capsule.

Harden has reportedly had the injury since trying to field a comebacker on April 15, 2007 and changed his mechanics over the last four years in order to still pitch.

"There's no reason, if I work hard, I can't get back to where I was before," Harden stated.

Harden said the plans on resuming his career in 2013, and hopes that the injuries that plagued him in the past will be over as a result of the surgery.

"If you look at those injuries, that's definitely where they came from," Harden said. "Yes, I've been injured a lot, but nobody really knew what I'd been dealing with for five years. Every day, just to play catch, I had to re-train my body to throw. I was pushing the ball. I'd start the game throwing 86-87 mph and that was max effort."

Harden also told the Chronicle that when he tries to return, it would likely be as a relief pitcher.