Old
02-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecut View Post
Looks like JVR MAY play tonight - ESPN

The trade speculation regarding forward James van Riemsdyk of the Philadelphia Flyers and defenseman Luke Schenn of the Toronto Maple Leafs just became a heckuva lot more interesting.

Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News suggests van Riemsdyk could be back in the lineup when the Flyers face the Maple Leafs Thursday. The assumption is forward Harry Zolnierczyk was loaned to AHL Adirondack on Wednesday to clear roster space for the 22-year-old.

Out for the last 11 games with a concussion, van Riemsdyk skated in full practice Wednesday.

As discussed over and over in this space, Leafs GM Brian Burke is allegedly ultra-keen on acquiring van Riemsdyk as a big, top-six forward. While, with Chris Pronger out for the season, Schenn is reportedly top of GM Paul Holmgren's wish list. Uniting the defenseman with his brother, forward Brayden Schenn, would be considered a bonus for the Flyers

If the Philly winger appears healthy -- Thursday or soon thereafter -- we could see this deal go down.

- Victoria Matiash
I don't think JVR is playing tonight. They held a practice this morning and he was one of the few players not there. Him and Bryz I believe weren't there. I would be shocked if he played tonight without taking the morning skate. Frank Seravalli also thought Reemer was back because we sent Harry Z back down, which isn't necessarily the truth. Instead of Harry Z sitting in the press box like he has recently, Flyers most likely want to get him some playing time in the AHL. He could end up playing but by the looks of it right now he won't be out there. Anything can change though.

Last edited by Prongo: 02-09-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote