View Single Post
Old
02-09-2012, 01:22 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Trouba lacks the offensive skills of a Chris Weber, not a good comparison IMO. Ceci is another player that should go in the 6-15 range and he's improved his play all season long.

I'm not really sure where you're getting this from? He may the best defensively between Reilly and Pouliot, but he's not the best stay at home defender in this draft. Reinhart needs to use his size better on the ice, which is not entirely impossible for him to do. IMO Reilly is definitely a player that should get a look from the Jets, with Enstrom's future not guaranteed. Reilly has high end offensive upside, good skating ability and vision. Besides missing most of this season, I don't see how he's overrated?
Chris Webber the retired PF from the Sacramento Kings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
If Galchenyuk fell to us, I think that would be great. If not, it's tough to tell as it appears that picks after around 8 or so could go either way depending on the opinions of the teams scouts.

I personnaly would love to land Galchenyuk, but I would also be happy with Reinhart, Trouba, or Ceci if he was gone. I also wouldn't be too upset if we were picking in the 10 or so range and landed a guy like Faksa. Looks like he has a lot of skill and has good size.

I liked the idea of possibly getting Wilson in the 2nd, but with McKenzie's ranking of him at 20, that doesn't seem likely.

A guy I was secretly hoping would fall to us in the 2nd as well was Hertl.
Agreed Galchenyuk is who I'm hoping for as well probably a long shot but man I would love to see that guy in a Jets uni same goes for Wilson after watching the top prospects game and watching that guy throw his body around I thought he would be a perfect fit for the Jets but unfortunately after watching the top prospects game I realized he is probably going to be picked in the late first

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I agree.

If we take him with our first I will be pissed, and I think this place will just explode haha
I will be beyond pissed if this pick happens and if it does and Chevy gets assassinated you will know who did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
If WPG is drafting in the 7-8 range, and Galyenchuk, Forsberg, Yakupov, Grigorenko, Faksa are all off the board, I look to trade down. There is a glut of D there, and I think that WPG should be targeting a forward, not to mention that the D are all very close. I would trade down to 11-13 range, pick up an extra 2nd and take Girgensons/Collberg/Gaunce there. I'd be happy with that.

If we are already sitting in the 11-14 spot, like I think we will be, I'd have to wait and see what's left on the board at that point.
I like this move although if Reinhart is still available I most likely pick him

Enstrom-Bogo
Reinhart-Buff
Stuart-Flood/Postma
Flood/Postma

Provided that Enstrom stays next year and Buff removes his head slightly from his a** in the future you have to admit that might be one of the best groups of defensemen in the NHL