Thread: F1 Thread 2012
View Single Post
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Anaheim is booty
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
Actually sounds like Ferrari might be attainable as they're struggling: (granted it's very early, but if they're admitting to it at this point...)

I was just looking at their podiums early on last season as evidence for a potential GP winner from Kimi early this season, but certainly never thought of them as title contenders or anything.
One podium would be a good achievement for Lotus this season, I'd be pretty surprised if they even manage one this season. There is a pretty big gap between 'the big 4' and the rest, I think even Lotus were surprised at their podiums last season.

And tbh outside of the first 2 races, which they were still miles off the lead pace, they haven't shown enough to indicate a potential GP winner, this could change of course. But I don't even think Mercedes are capable of a GP win for the coming season and they are ahead of Lotus at this point, but first race shall be interesting to see, would be a big achievement for Lotus to leapfrog into the big 4.

They remind me of Mercedes after their first season, got a few podiums and people thought perhaps they'd push on for some GP wins, but the car took a step back last season.