View Single Post
Old
02-09-2012, 04:04 PM
BM67

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
The problem with 2006 that I was talking about is that you can't just call a player "inconsistent" for having a bad 2006- considering everyone was coming back from a 1 year layoff. It goes both ways - I find players who had career regular seasons taking advantage of rules that apparently only applied to that one season to be highly questionable as well - edit: as a fellow Devils fan, I'm sure you know one specific player I have in mind.

Basically, players who had a good 2006 should get full credit IF it wasn't an outlier for their career, but I don't take outlier good or bad performances very seriously in 2006. And it's not just because I drafted St Louis - I was saying this last year too.

(No issues with 2006 playoffs - by the end of the year, things were basically back up to snuff)
I don't think an off year is a major sign of inconsistency, and the fact that St. Louis does have the highest scoring 5 year stretch in the chart above should be some consolation.

Iginla is the only player of the 4 that hasn't strung together 5 straight years with more than 70% of the #2 scorer. Yet at the same time he is the only one of the 4 to string together 3 straight over 80%. St. Louis will match that if he does it this season though.