View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 01:35 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
I am another one in silent mode. I think that at this juncture mildly disappointed is the term I would use to describe the team's performance up to now.

I said it last year, I said it in the offseason....

Mr. Craig MacTavish. Would you please decide what your lines are and for good or bad play them for the first 45 minutes of every game unless down by two goals or more. And when you change them if you are losing...go back to the original lines for the next game unless there is a huge epiphany with a line uber-clicking.

What are the lines? Anyone know? I don't. Christ at least in Calgary you could tell what their first line is..Conroy, Iggy, McCammond. Vancouver...Nas-Bert-Mor...Colorado...Hedjuk, Forsberg, Tanguay....what about us?
So you want the coach to do nothing until the oilers are losing by 2? So the Oilers are getting badly out-played, and only down by 1, you don't make a switch?

Mac-T hasn't touched the 2 lines that have actually played well the past week (RPM, DYT). When things aren't clicking you need to make changes... unless of course you want a hockey version of Lenny Wilkens who's entire philosophy is "meh". The Oilers don't have a centre capable of looking like a #1 centre. York could, but he has his line clicking right along right now, so I don't see a need to change that. Reasoner has his going... It's not like things are clicking and Mac-T goes "hmmmmm.... let's use Cross as a forward on this shift".

And btw... for most of the year, Calgary's top line hasn't been Iginla, Conroy and McAmmond.