View Single Post
Old
02-09-2012, 06:06 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I'd have to re-read a certain part of the CBA but there is a clause regarding "goaltender exemption." I am not sure if it is in play here, however goalies do get treated differently at times per the CBA.
I'm bored... from what I can gather, the clause we're dealing with here is section 50.9 on pp 223-224. After first establishing that players that have to pass through waivers to be sent down, and are on either one-way NHL deals, or on two-way deals where the minor league salary exceeds a certain number (105k for this season) also have to go through recall waivers, this part follows:

Quote:
The Re-Entry Waiver procedure will not, however, be applicable to Veteran Minor League Players defined as follows: (i) for goaltenders, Players who have: (A) played in 180 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL and ECHL), and (B) not spent more than 80 NHL games on NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on NHL roster in the immediately prior season: and (ii) for defensemen and forwards, Players who have: (A) played in 320 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL and ECHL), and (B) not spent more than 80 NHL games on NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on NHL roster in the immediately prior season.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote