View Single Post
Old
01-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Gags1288

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovercraft
i wouldnt mind having KJ for around 2 mil. as long as its worth a few years.
Getting Kim Johnsson for around 2 million is living in a dream world. Look at the UFA's from last season: Adrian Aucoin- 4 mil, Derian Hatcher - 3.5, Mike Rathje-3.5 Alex Zhitnik-3.5, etc....

I will be shocked If Kim gets less than 3 and would honestly be surprised if he took less then Rathje, despite his tough start to this season. A healthy Kim Johnsson is better than any of those defenseman I named above and will command a high salary. I see him getting around 3.5-4 mil and I see Gagne getting around 4 or so (hopefully something like the Hejduk contract, 5 years 19.5 mil).

If Primeau retires, then you certainly have some money to play with. Gagne, Johnsson, and Pitkanen will probably command raises of 4-5 million total. If you loose Primeau's 3.4 and Brashear's 1.7 that takes care of the raises. Desjardins should also take a pay cut, which could save us up to 1 mil. I think we'll have around 2 million plus whatever the cap goes up to play around with and sign a veteran D-man. A lot depends on what we do at the deadline though.