View Single Post
Old
02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
kirby11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Same

poor decision making plagued the forwards most of the year. There's a difference, though, between not passing with authority (Leino, which I was speaking about) and "bad passing" (Roy, others, which you're alluding to). You can "pass it without authority" and still complete a pass - a good one occasionally, too. But they're much more of a miss than a hit.

But yeah, part of our lack of scoring was poor execution, of odd man rushes, on the PP... A lot of it because of poor passing in general. Too often they look to pass - poorly or properly - when they should be thinking "shoooooot"
yeah, i mostly meant i don't see that many "good passes" out of that many of our players on a routine basis. really only vanek, pominville, ennis, sometimes leino/roy. i really think stafford could use some work on that part of his game. and i also agree that they look to pass instead of taking good shots too often. I feel PAINED watching this team's 5 on 3. quick, everyone stand still and pass the puck around the umbrella for at least 30 seconds, and then take the obvious point shot that the defender at the top of the triangle is ready to block! Although the PP has looked a lot more dangerous with ennis back on it

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote