View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 12:33 AM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
Yes, if you want to analyze Brian Boyle's role, you would say he is a 4th line centre. I don't agree that he is borderline at all. He is definitely a guy that a lot of teams would want on their 4th line.
The real trick is who is he surrounded by? I'm not saying that Boyle is a guy you build a line around, I am saying that a guy who is as big as Boyle is, who skates as good as Boyle does, who can do half-decently well at faceoffs as Boyle does, is a guy you keep.

Sometimes, I really wonder what people expect. There are players who never see a fraction of the chances that Boyle does. I find it hard to believe that people would think that those chances happen accidentally. Like the Rangers have all these other guys who do nothing but score when given those chances, but the argument is wrong as those players aren't really manufacturing chances to screw up on. Why pick on Boyle?

I do agree that he cannot finish very well, and if your objection is that it should be some other guy that is getting those chances, and actually putting them in the net, then I am with you and we are both armchair coaches pointing out the same problem. Get a real bonafide scorer and then juggle the roster, and then see who is in and who is out.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote