View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 12:40 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Not computing your scenario then, the puck is on the other side of the net, and a few feet from the crease, why the hell isn't he lined up with the puck? If you are talking about a quick crease pass when he is already down, he has the leg strength to push off there, and again, absolutely to the puck, there is a reason he makes those saves, and going to the post is not one of them.

Also, as far as the vertical post, again, he has such leg strength, that he doesn't need to use the post to push off of to get to the other side, which is what you are talking about when you say "The reason for the leg up on the post is to have your legs loaded and ready to slide at a moments notice." Quick absolutely has no need to load up like that and if you don't think he's one of the quickest at getting across the net and needs to improve by loading up, not sure what I can tell you...

Oh, and this only my 25 years of goaltending experience talking But like I said, you might be talking about a different scenario there...
Scenario I mean is when there is a loose puck on the opposite side of the crease and it is at a close angle to the net. I understand what you mean about taking away the angle but every single goalie coach I've ever had, including the goalie that was an NHLer, told me in the scenario, slide to the post. Earlier this year Quick got beat on the exact scenario I have in my head because he slid right at the puck, he got deked out, and scored on. If he takes a deeper angle, that doesn't happen.

The reason I bring up the leg to the post is again because he is very susceptible to being scored on from behind the red line. If he hugs the post when the puck is behind the goal line and he's in the vertical leg position, he doesn't get scored on in that manner. And I said in the previous post the mobility thing isn't an issue. But it certainly can't hurt him one bit to be ready to slide instead of having to load up his leg and then slide.

Sorry. I'm bad at describing things obviously. And maybe your 25 years of goaltending is because back when you first learned, they still didn't wear masks (I'm kidding. I'm not THAT retarded)

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote