View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 01:49 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
If by offense you mean offensive part of the game, fine. If you mean the actual forwards than this is one of the biggest misconceptions on this forum. And there are many that share your opinion in that case.

Forwards DO play the defense! They are part of defense. They have always been, they will always be. They hit, steal pucks, block shots, cover their men, cover the lanes, play the body,... They are just as much part of the defense as the defensemen.

Oh, and defensemen are just as much part of the offense as forwards. At least they should be in a normal system, not destroyed by Murray/Kompon. Sutter said couple of days ago, that defensemen are part of the offensive problem, because there are no useful passes from the D zone, which means that forwards need to come all the way back and carry the puck over two lines.

If I see someone posting, that defensemen must be good because GAA is low and forwards must be bad, because Goals For is low, I can't help but to think that these people are kids.
No I didn't mean forwards. I mean the players that are out there to play offense. Loktionov never takes a faceoff in the defensive zone, and he's always matched up with the other team's 3rd or 4th line... yet he is a giant black hole of offensive suckage.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote