View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
K17,

Sutter may not be TM 2.0, but it's another guy that Dean was familiar with from the dead puck era. A very large chunk of his player acquisitions and coach hirings are guys he has a history with. Hextall, Murray, Stevens, Sutter, Richards, Handzus Stuart, McCauley, Williams, Preissing, Jones, Gagne, Thornton, Sturm. Now maybe if Dean had a cup or two, or a trip to the finals this could be justified, but this is a man, who in over a dozen years managing NHL teams has never advanced past the second round of the playoffs. We should not be trying to capture those "When I was in San Jose" days.

Now I'm sure sjmay will be in here shortly to say people like myself, psp, bleed etc. take joy in the Kings losing, let me tell you it's not the case. I would rather be eating crow with the Kings leading the division than having to talk about this teams fight for a playoff spot with one of the worst offenses in recent memory, but sadly many of the concerns we had about this General Manager's plan have sadly come to fruition.

"Building From The Net Out" and "Strength Down The Middle" suddenly don't look so great in a league that is largely won on speed and skill. Those two corny Lombardi-isms look stupid when you have the worst offense in the league, only one player who can make defenders back up, and not even a first line player much less a gamebreaker on the wing.

Last edited by Herby: 02-10-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote