View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Horrible effort tonight. Borque, Smith and Erat were the only ones who looked like they wanted to be out there tonight. Preds are reading their press clippings I'm afraid.
It's the LEADERSHIP. Someone pooh-poohed me when I said that Weber and Suter have let the team down big-time the way they've handled their "business" but it's clear that we don't just need them to play well we need them to be THE example. Set the tone. Effort every night. You make a mistake you pull your head out and play through it.

You see that with Fisher at least lately - bad turnover against VAN the other night as an example where he chased the guy into the corner, pushed and shoved the puck loose so our Dman could pick it up and clear it.

Bad games happen; good teams hang in and salvage something lotta' the time. We didn't tonight - watch the effort against Boston. See if Weber and Suter set the tone for effort and team accountability. That's why we're able to play so well with the youngest team in the NHL. This is not the past teams where our best guys were never our best guys when it counted and Weber and Suter are why; the kids follow the leaders example and Weber and Suter don't usually disappear on the big stage. They've not played consistently, but more importantly, they haven't set the example consistently for the last several games - they wanted to shelve their business and just play hockey and that's exactly what we need - the rest will follow.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote