View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
first agreed that Clarkson is the type of player I'd love to have, and that he is having a ''career'' year ... but honestly... neil and clarkson are not as good as A.kos offensively, and it wouldn't surprised me one bit if clarkson had 3x the pp time A.kos has here. don't expect to pay roughly the same amount for a guy as talented + fights + ect ... Besides lucic and hartnell there aren't many players in that mold, and they will be more expensive than AK garanteed.

If you'd invest 3.5 to 4m on a 3rd liner who can chip in 15g and fight.... logic points out at letting white play for peanuts and do that job even better peharps.

your hate for AK is well known here, and its ok, its just that with such broken arguments have the decency to expect an answer.
Let me clarify and if that fails, I'll do a drawing.

The Habs went and got another Kostitsyn with a bit more bite for that price in Rene Bourque, who's under contract for a few more years. Don't need two.

When I say to use that money for a player in the mold of Chris Neil or David Clarkson, I'm not suggesting that the Habs should pay them the same amount. I am however saying to use that money to get a player like them, even if they have a bit less offensive production. Of course, there might be some money left over which will be used to sign Subban, Price or other RFA's.

As for the others' comments on UFA's availability, they conveniently forgot that trades do happen, especially at the trade deadline and in the summer.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote