View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 04:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Good news Linhart/Halak

It's minor news, but with all the WJC talk that's been going on on the other boards, I thought I would post this. I didn't feel like looking for the WJC thread from a few days ago, as I'm sure it's buried deep now.

Anyway, Tomas Linhart was named to the U-20 Team Czech that played in the 4 nations tournament over the weekend. I know that he picked up 1 assist. Hopefully he played well and can make the WJC team next month. Linhart although only 19 has gotten a ton of heat from other posters including myself to an extent (I refuse to call him or any 19 year old a bust) and many have questioned the pick of Linhart, and will continue to do so for many years to come. Perhaps making the team and doing well will boost his confidence, plus he's playing in a mens league, which is good for the young blueliner.

If it's not been posted here, Halak played for the U-20 Team Slovakia in Norway and played well helping his team win the tournament I think. Either way the young 18 year old could end up on the WJC roster which would be great experience for him, as he would still have next year to play for the team as well. An interesting pick at 271st overall.