Thread: Proposal: Tor - NJD
View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Puckclektr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
3.4 for a guy that can play on the 1st line through the 3rd line, play C/LW/or RW.
Play responsible defensively, can control the boards and chip in offensively?

Seems worth it to me.

Is Connolly worth $4.7 Million? Is Lombardi worth 3.5 Million?

Off course for those that judge players soley by points Zubrus' 30 or so points for 3.4 may seem a bit high, but in this instance Zubrus is better defensively, is bigger stronger and more versitile and has produced more points than the bad contracts being offered.

Zubrus is an essential part of the Devils and I wouldn't want to see him moved at all.
But everytime I look at Zubrus' stats he sucks
Zubrus makes over 3 million a season. He earns his money.
He is one of those guys in the league who you can't judge by looking at his stats. You have to watch hjim play to see how valuable he is. Sad thing is, nobody watches NJ cuz they have that boring label. When they do watch them, it is normally when they play against their fav team. Then Jersey wins even and they still get the, "they won playing boring hockey", shtick.....It is sad how so many people can't read a hockey game and can only tell how valuable people are when there is a scoring chance. They don't see the guys that create scoring chances with hard work in the corners.
Connoly is still one of my favorite players, but he is not plying like a $4.5 million dollar player. Not worth Zubrus, and Joey Crabb I like as a 4th line guy. Jersey has enough forward depth. The only thing they need is a PMD, but like Toronto, Jersey has an abundance of NHL ready defensemen.

NJ Centre depth
Henrique
Elias
Zajac
Josefeson

Or Henrique
Zajac
Elias/Zubrus
Josefson.

We don't need Connoly

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote