View Single Post
Old
01-13-2006, 07:40 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Switch it off, boys. This game is over-rover.

Troubling stat: The last team with a record over .500 that we beat was Calgary...and it had been a while before that in which we beat an over .500 team. We are 0-6-1 in our last seven games against winning teams.
I'm not sure I've seen us this inept during the season. We are making the Canes look like the Red Army out there. They don't look like the best team in the league right now. They look like the greatest team I have ever seen.

Trotz needs to reevaluate his offensive system. In this new era, we still cannot score during ES play, and we have not used speed to our advantage in a long, long time. Our PP is often weak and ineffective, and we take stupid penalties.

I'd like to see Trotz bench some of our more veteran players. He's quick to drop the hammer on our younger players like Hartnell, but won't touch veterans whose laziness creates chances/power plays/goals for other team (Sully, Kariya, Perreault). The next neutral zone/offense zone hooking I see from one of our speedier forwards and I am going to snap. Clearly whatever Trotz has done to date to curb these stupid penalties has failed miserably. Games like tonight and against Atlanta show that we have absolutely no discipline and I think you have to trace that to Trotz.