View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 12:10 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post

Everything is not fine. This team's offense is pathetic. 8 shots given up through two periods means the defense is playing out of their minds, yet the offense can't score if their lives depended on it.
Hahaha I love this.

Look, I know everything is not fine. I say it partially tongue in cheek. However, I still think things aren't as bad as they seem. I know these games are painful to watch but I've watched this league long enough to know that momentum can swing quickly. Alot can happen between now and June. I'm certainly not saying that we are on the path to the cup for this season, but I'm also not throwing in the towel just yet.

I can totally understand why people are so upset. This team is not performing to expectations this year and it's a big time bummer so far. But what I don't understand is comments like DL is a "snake oil salesman". Do people really think that Dean was lying to us? Like he doesn't believe in his heart that he was making the right moves? Like he screwed this franchise on purpose? That he was lying when he said he planned on making this team a "powerhouse"? C'mon guys, have a little more faith than THAT.

I'm willing to admit that DL might not be as smart as he thinks he is but I don't doubt for a second that he is losing alot of sleep this season. I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy but please remember that there are 29 other teams that are trying to win hockey games too.

If he's fired this summer, so be it. But for now, we still have a shot at turning this around.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote