View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 01:57 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
This team always finds a way to give me hope again, but I HOPE that them winning gives them a little confidence on the road.

Honestly, I watched the game yesterday and I could not believe that they were so horrid at anything to do with the puck. They couldn't make or receive a pass, they couldn't get it deep, they couldn't stickhandle or shoot. They looked EXTREMELY nervous. They need some confidence.

I think they need to score a couple of goals early and then keep their foot on the pedal.
This. The Jets play a vastly different game when scoring one or two quick goals in the first ten minutes of a game. I'm positive the game plan works much better when they score first; moreso than any other team I've watched this season.

Whether this a qualifiable statistic or not I'm not certain, but my perception is that, win or lose, they play much more confident if scoring first, and in the first period.

Although to give the team credit, last night the Jets seemed to be improving as the game went on, and it seemed as though Ovechkin's cross-bar ringer lit a fire under their butts.