View Single Post
02-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I voted for Kodos
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Why? Nighbor is the only one who stands out as average in his role. LeClair is not too far above. The others are all excellent.

maybe the 2nd line lacks a defensive presence and maybe LeClair should be the 2nd strongest physical player on a line ideally, but it's loaded with offensive skill, too.
I meant it stupid in a good way. Between Leclair and Stastny, there was more than enough puckwinning on the second line, and although it wasn't much defensively, it could win the puck, and was offensively terrifying for most 2nd pairings in the league, especially backed by Jan Suchy. My second unit that draft was one of the few examples in the "defense wins championships" ATD where a unit was so strong offensively relative to the competition that no one even thought to question their defensive performance. I was also proud of the Czech troika of Stastny - Martinec - Suchy on that second unit, and I think a couple GMs gave me extra credit for that.

And Frank Nighbor is way better than the 14th-15th best center of all time. Honestly, after Stan Mikita, I think Nighbor immediately enters the discussion for best center. Anyway, I have always been rather inclined towards forwards (my drafting of defensemen is really rather uninspired. I think Suchy is the only defensemen I ever really researched much), and that ATD#11 team was my best work as far as forward lines are concerned, though Prentice - McKenney - Ellis was my best 3rd line. 4th lines I have never given much of a **** about.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote