View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Lebowski

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONOHA View Post
*facepalm*

An empty netter hat trick and people are talking about him being a 40 goal scorer. Let him hit 30 first and then we can bring it up.
Do you realize he's tied for 4th in the league on even strength goals, only one behind Malkin? He's also coming back from an injury that could have jeopardized his career, and he's still fairly young, at 23 years old.

It's not only because of his hat trick, he's been a consistent goal scorer this season, and even last season after being recalled from Hamilton. He has 36 goals over the last 89 games. 40 goals seems a bit unlikely, even as a Habs fan. Most of us think his upside is around 35-35, but 40 goals is definitely a possibility. Under perfect circumstances, and especially if the league scoring goes up a bit, it could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
I realize he has more goals then assaists but over his career I see him more of an assist guy. Something like 25-30 goals with 70 points... similar to a Pomminville. I don't see him ever hitting 40. Realistically only a handful of players will hit 40 goals.
I don't think so. Pac can dish the puck from time to time, but he's more of a power forward, shoot first guy with great speed. In fact, his playing style is extremely close to Cole's, with more raw talent. I think he'll be pretty much even in the goal-assist ratio department unless he changes the way he plays in the future. As it is right now, I don't see him racking up 45 assists in a season.