View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Lebowski

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
He needs a more dynamic center/playmaker to reach that level. His biggest hindrance is he is frequently the target of the opposition, thus limiting him ability to create his own chances. That said, at only twenty three and having two seasons where he's on pace for thirty goals, Patches definitely has it in him.
Desharnais is the most creative and arguably the best playmaker on the Habs, with Markov being injured. I think he has a lot of upside, so I wouldn't count him out just yet. It's a bit unfair considering how he's been the one feeding the puck to our two best goal scorers on the team since they've been put together.

Also, it is completely false to say he's the "targeted" player on the Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole line. They are playing great as a whole and it is pretty obvious, to me at least, that the leading player on that line is Cole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I doubt it.

And it reminds me of something. When discussing potential paces for young stars in this league, and top prospects I see WAY TOO MUCH of "potential 30 goal 70 point guy" how many of those guys do you think we can have in this league? How many do we currently have?

I know me posting this won't change anything but I seriously doubt we're going to have 50 70 point 30 goal scorers.
Well, Pacioretty is currently on pace for over 30 goals, and I'll say it again, he has 36 goals over the last 89 games, so it's definitely a possibility.