View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 50
People tend to be pessimistic not because they actually believe the **** they're saying, but because when reality doesn't meet the dire prediction they foretold, all they can be is happily surprised by it. If by chance worst comes to worst, then so be it, they predicted it, they expected it, they are not at all disappointed by it and they get to say "I told you so" and is there anything more fun than that? For example, if you left the house everyday expecting to be ***** by a bear and at the end of the day it didn't happen, I'd imagine you'd be a pretty happy individual. You can't really blame them for being pessimistic, after all, it's easier.

Now that I got that out of the way. I think Markov will be back and will be just as good as ever. His game wasn't based on speed, it was based on smarts and last I checked, he didn't suffer a brain injury so this game should be just fine. Plenty of good players have suffered the exact same injury and have been just fine, the NHL's leading scorer suffered one, Gorges suffered two, hell, Wizniewski had to deal with three and a lot of people wanted to sign him instead of Markov. I don't think he needs a protector other than himself, he just needs to avoid the hits ala Subban. His two injuries were just poor luck, and I seriously doubt he'll suffer a third one

Help is offline   Reply With Quote